Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Avery Paige is home!








We have had a crazy 24 hours here are the McDonald household.  Chris, Avery and I got home from the hospital around lunch time yesterday.  Ethan came running down the driveway to me when I got out the car and gave me a huge hug.  It was super sweet, but my initial reaction was "You have a fever"--and he did. It started out low 100.7 and then climbed to 102.  So our house has been quarantined into sections.  Chris took Ethan to the doctor this morning. He is now on antibiotics--his ear and throat were both inflamed--and I think she was protecting Avery as much as Ethan.

Needless to say, Chris and I have had a CRASH course in parenting two kids.  There was no easing into it.  We have learned the art of tag teaming. But what does every sick little boy want--his mommy, and what does every three day old little girl need--her mommy.  I am doing pretty good.  Sleeping when I can and playing mommy--I just wish that I had four more arms. :)

Avery is doing great!  She is eating, sleeping, pooping--everything that a baby should be doing.  Before Ethan had to stay away from her, you could already tell he was in love with his baby sister.  Every time he hears her from across the house, he is concerned with what is wrong with her--it is usually time to eat! SO SWEET!


 Avery Paige 2 days old

Ethan Daniel 3 days old
Can you tell they are brother and sister? 

No comments:

Post a Comment