Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Denmark Trip Part 1

We had a great trip to Denmark. Ethan did great on the long plane ride, and adjusted to the time change really well. I am not sure how many parts I will have to put the trip into, we did so much and I took over 700 pictures. So, I will try to condense it to the exciting stuff and some cute pics of E-man (because I know that is what you all want to see).

Daddy telling Ethan all about the planes.



The first day we were there (after all three of us took a nap) we on a canal boat ride and learned all about the the city of Copenhagen. The next morning we got up and went to Kronberg castle. It is the setting of Hamlet, and where many Danish kings lived. It was really interesting we got to go down in the 'dungeon' and then upstairs in the bedrooms and the ballroom. The castle sits on the coastline facing Sweden. It was actually used as a fortress also. After we left the castle, we drove up the coast to a little fishing village. We walked out on the fishing pier and beach and Ethan got to put his feet in the Baltic Sea. He was actally pretty cute as he splashed around.
Grandma, Grandpa and Ethan before the canal boat trip.
Grandma and Ethan in from of the castle's moat.

In the castle's courtyard


The cool Baltic Sea
On Monday, we went to Tivoli Gardens. It is an amusement park in the middle of the city. Ethan took a nap while we were there, so Chris and I went on some rollercoasters. One of them made my head spin for two days. I am still not sure how he got me to go on it. Ethan rode the carousel. We had a lot of fun.

This wasn't even the bad ride. It was actually a pretty good rollercoaster. This one is the Dragon. the one that made me sick was called the Demon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Ethan is an international traveler at 7 months! Cool :) Sounds like an amazing trip. Can't wait to see your other post.

    ReplyDelete